Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- President pressures schools to re-open 13 July 2020
- English language schools struggling with border restrictions plead for government assistance 13 July 2020
- How to plan when you don't know what to plan for 13 July 2020
- How technology, coronavirus will change teaching by 2025 13 July 2020
- Simply scrapping the SAT won't make colleges more diverse 13 July 2020
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Sherry Blok
Name: Sherry Blok
Bio: Sherry Blok is the assistant director of programs at the Centre for Continuing Education, Concordia University. Montreal, Canada. She holds a master’s degree in second language education from McGill University and has more than 20 years of experience as an ESL lecturer in the intensive English program at Concordia University. She received the TESOL Teacher of the Year Award in 2015 and has presented nationally and internationally on topics related to English for academic purposes, global citizenship education, assessment, and teacher feedback.
Sherry Blok's Posts
- January 1, 2016: Best Practices in ELT—in Context: Pakistan
- December 1, 2015: Teacher of the Year Speaks at the 2015 SPELT Conference
- November 1, 2015: 3 WebQuests to Engage Your ELLs With Content!
- October 1, 2015: Teacher of the Year: Kickstart a Professional Development Program
- September 2, 2015: Teacher of the Year’s Focus the First Week of School
- August 1, 2015: Old School Social Media With Inkshedding: A Lesson Plan
- July 1, 2015: Taking Learning out of the Classroom in EFL Contexts: Part II
- June 2, 2015: Taking Learning out of the Classroom