Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Getting it right for dual language learners 15 August 2022
- Call for Council Volunteers 15 August 2022
- How to use flip with multilingual students 15 August 2022
- Developing a Conversation Partner Program 15 August 2022
- Differences in the intensity and the nature of foreign language anxiety in in-person and online EFL classes during the pandemic 15 August 2022
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Spencer Salas
Name: Spencer Salas
Bio: Spencer Salas, PhD, is a professor in the Department of Middle, Secondary, and K–12 Education at The University of North Carolina at Charlotte where he leads the PhD in Curriculum and Instruction Urban Literacies/TESL subconcentration. An award-winning District of Columbia Public School ESL teacher (1994–2001), he has been a Fulbright Fellow to Romania (1998), Guatemala (2007), and South Africa (2013); and, a frequent U.S. Department of State English Language Specialist (2003–present). His scholarship focuses on Black and Brown teachers’ lives and the potential of humanizing dignity and care as K–16 best practice.
Spencer Salas's Posts
- July 27, 2022: “Literacy” vs. “Reading”: 3 Questions to Consider This Fall