Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- 15 interesting research projects for ESL students 28 November 2022
- A Weather Forecast 28 November 2022
- Heritage language learners of English: Linguistic gaps and cognitive strengths 28 November 2022
- TESOL Supports Memo Regarding Services for Multilingual Learners of English 28 November 2022
- Once criticized, 'Spanglish' finds a place in the classroom 28 November 2022
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Spencer Salas
Name: Spencer Salas
Bio: Spencer Salas, PhD, is a professor in the Department of Middle, Secondary, and K–12 Education at The University of North Carolina at Charlotte where he leads the PhD in Curriculum and Instruction Urban Literacies/TESL subconcentration. An award-winning District of Columbia Public School ESL teacher (1994–2001), he has been a Fulbright Fellow to Romania (1998), Guatemala (2007), and South Africa (2013); and, a frequent U.S. Department of State English Language Specialist (2003–present). His scholarship focuses on Black and Brown teachers’ lives and the potential of humanizing dignity and care as K–16 best practice.
Spencer Salas's Posts
- November 28, 2022: Reading Barefoot
- October 14, 2022: Celebrating World Teachers’ Day: Literacies of Vulnerability
- September 27, 2022: Reading the Sun, Moon, and Stars: Intergenerational Literacy
- August 25, 2022: Reading With Purpose This School Year
- July 27, 2022: “Literacy” vs. “Reading”: 3 Questions to Consider This Fall