Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- The 7 big language learning issues facing the U.K. 16 April 2015
- Bilingual people take greater risks when feedback is given in their native language 16 April 2015
- Thousands more Calgary English language learning students, and the funding is dropping 16 April 2015
- Why it's so hard to learn English in Boston 16 April 2015
- Simple exercises to improve ELL reading skills — Part 3 16 April 2015
TESOL president, speaks about TESOL.
Author Archives: Yilin Sun
Name: Yilin Sun
Bio: Yilin Sun is president of TESOL International Association, and she has served as chair of the TESOL Affiliate Leadership Council and president of Washington Association for the Education of Speakers of Other Languages (WAESOL). In 2011-2012, Dr. Sun was a Fulbright Senior Scholar in Taiwan at the National Taiwan Normal University. Dr. Sun received her doctorate in applied linguistics/curriculum and instruction from the University of Toronto, Canada. She has more than 28 years of experience in the field of TESOL as a teacher educator, a researcher, a classroom teacher, and a program leader with various institutions of higher education in China, Canada, and the United States. She is the author and co-author of books, book chapters, and research papers in refereed professional journals. Her research interests include curriculum development, program assessment and evaluation, L2 reading, vocabulary learning, classroom-based action research, teacher education, adult education, teaching English to young learners, World Englishes, ESP and nonnative English speaking teachers (NNEST) in the ELT field.
Yilin Sun's Posts
- April 15, 2015: 2014–2015: A Collaborative, Productive, Visionary Year
- March 15, 2015: 7 Magic Steps Toward Developing Teachers as Leaders
- January 26, 2015: Building Bridges: Journey to a Better Future for TESOL
- January 15, 2015: New Year’s Greetings from Your TESOL Board
- December 15, 2014: What Is Intercultural Communicative Competence?
- November 2, 2014: An Update on Two Important TESOL Initiatives: the New Strategic Plan and the Governance Structure Review
- October 15, 2014: 8 Major Trends in the Global ELT Field
- September 15, 2014: A New Way of Looking at Teacher Evaluation
- August 15, 2014: Living VenTESOL’s Spirit!
- July 15, 2014: TESOL Advocates Are on Capitol Hill