Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- St. Paul's English language learners deserve better, critics say 23 March 2017
- New York City's English learners often struggle to graduate, but here's how some schools buck that trend 23 March 2017
- Helping academic English learners develop productive word knowledge 23 March 2017
- How you can improve your English language proficiency 23 March 2017
- Children have so much to gain from exploring language 23 March 2017
- Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Yilin Sun
Name: Yilin Sun
Bio: Yilin Sun has served as president of TESOL International Association, as chair of the TESOL Affiliate Leadership Council, and president of Washington Association for the Education of Speakers of Other Languages (WAESOL). In 2011-2012, Dr. Sun was a Fulbright Senior Scholar in Taiwan at the National Taiwan Normal University. Dr. Sun received her doctorate in applied linguistics/curriculum and instruction from the University of Toronto, Canada. She has more than 28 years of experience in the field of TESOL as a teacher educator, a researcher, a classroom teacher, and a program leader with various institutions of higher education in China, Canada, and the United States. She is the author and co-author of books, book chapters, and research papers in refereed professional journals. Her research interests include curriculum development, program assessment and evaluation, L2 reading, vocabulary learning, classroom-based action research, teacher education, adult education, teaching English to young learners, World Englishes, ESP and nonnative English speaking teachers (NNEST) in the ELT field.
Yilin Sun's Posts
- April 22, 2016: 9 Strategies for 21st-Century ELT Professionals
- April 15, 2015: 2014–2015: A Collaborative, Productive, Visionary Year
- March 15, 2015: 7 Magic Steps Toward Developing Teachers as Leaders
- January 26, 2015: Building Bridges: Journey to a Better Future for TESOL
- January 15, 2015: New Year’s Greetings from Your TESOL Board
- December 15, 2014: What Is Intercultural Communicative Competence?
- November 2, 2014: An Update on Two Important TESOL Initiatives: the New Strategic Plan and the Governance Structure Review
- October 15, 2014: 8 Major Trends in the Global ELT Field
- September 15, 2014: A New Way of Looking at Teacher Evaluation
- August 15, 2014: Living VenTESOL’s Spirit!