- How my students learned English by making movie shorts 24 July 2014
- Vietnam province says it will not discipline substandard English teachers 24 July 2014
- Teaching English language learners in preschool 24 July 2014
- Unpacking the science: How playing music changes the learning brain 24 July 2014
- Language delay likely due more to nature than nurture 24 July 2014
TESOL president, speaks about TESOL.
Author Archives: Yilin Sun
Name: Yilin Sun
Bio: Yilin Sun is president of TESOL International Association, and she has served as chair of the TESOL Affiliate Leadership Council and president of Washington Association for the Education of Speakers of Other Languages (WAESOL). In 2011-2012, Dr. Sun was a Fulbright Senior Scholar in Taiwan at the National Taiwan Normal University. Dr. Sun received her doctorate in applied linguistics/curriculum and instruction from the University of Toronto, Canada. She has more than 28 years of experience in the field of TESOL as a teacher educator, a researcher, a classroom teacher, and a program leader with various institutions of higher education in China, Canada, and the United States. She is the author and co-author of books, book chapters, and research papers in refereed professional journals. Her research interests include curriculum development, program assessment and evaluation, L2 reading, vocabulary learning, classroom-based action research, teacher education, adult education, teaching English to young learners, World Englishes, ESP and nonnative English speaking teachers (NNEST) in the ELT field.
Yilin Sun's Posts
- July 15, 2014: TESOL Advocates Are on Capitol Hill
- July 7, 2014: TESOL Association: Update on Governance Review
- June 15, 2014: Questioning Techniques to Engage Students in Critical Thinking
- May 19, 2014: Demystifying Myths About Leadership: An NNEST Perspective
- April 17, 2014: Greetings From Yilin and Important Initiatives From TESOL