Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- TESOL Press 22 April 2019
- Strikes driving change in states with lowest-paid teachers 22 April 2019
- How teachers use technology in the classroom 22 April 2019
- Graduation rates keep falling for English language learners in Rhode Island 22 April 2019
- Is the Texas Legislature doing enough for English learners in HB 3? 22 April 2019
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Yilin Sun
Name: Yilin Sun
Bio: Yilin Sun has served as president of TESOL International Association, as chair of the TESOL Affiliate Leadership Council, and president of Washington Association for the Education of Speakers of Other Languages (WAESOL). In 2011-2012, Dr. Sun was a Fulbright Senior Scholar in Taiwan at the National Taiwan Normal University. Dr. Sun received her doctorate in applied linguistics/curriculum and instruction from the University of Toronto, Canada. She has more than 28 years of experience in the field of TESOL as a teacher educator, a researcher, a classroom teacher, and a program leader with various institutions of higher education in China, Canada, and the United States. She is the author and co-author of books, book chapters, and research papers in refereed professional journals. Her research interests include curriculum development, program assessment and evaluation, L2 reading, vocabulary learning, classroom-based action research, teacher education, adult education, teaching English to young learners, World Englishes, ESP and nonnative English speaking teachers (NNEST) in the ELT field.
Yilin Sun's Posts
- April 22, 2016: 9 Strategies for 21st-Century ELT Professionals
- April 15, 2015: 2014–2015: A Collaborative, Productive, Visionary Year
- March 15, 2015: 7 Magic Steps Toward Developing Teachers as Leaders
- January 26, 2015: Building Bridges: Journey to a Better Future for TESOL
- January 15, 2015: New Year’s Greetings from Your TESOL Board