- US education: Still separate and unequal 30 January 2015
- Study: Why school snow days are good for students 30 January 2015
- A handy tool for English language learners 30 January 2015
- Research: More funding, smaller classes important in education 30 January 2015
- Girls lead boys in academic achievement globally 30 January 2015
TESOL president, speaks about TESOL.
Author Archives: Yilin Sun
Name: Yilin Sun
Bio: Yilin Sun is president of TESOL International Association, and she has served as chair of the TESOL Affiliate Leadership Council and president of Washington Association for the Education of Speakers of Other Languages (WAESOL). In 2011-2012, Dr. Sun was a Fulbright Senior Scholar in Taiwan at the National Taiwan Normal University. Dr. Sun received her doctorate in applied linguistics/curriculum and instruction from the University of Toronto, Canada. She has more than 28 years of experience in the field of TESOL as a teacher educator, a researcher, a classroom teacher, and a program leader with various institutions of higher education in China, Canada, and the United States. She is the author and co-author of books, book chapters, and research papers in refereed professional journals. Her research interests include curriculum development, program assessment and evaluation, L2 reading, vocabulary learning, classroom-based action research, teacher education, adult education, teaching English to young learners, World Englishes, ESP and nonnative English speaking teachers (NNEST) in the ELT field.
Yilin Sun's Posts
- January 26, 2015: Building Bridges: Journey to a Better Future for TESOL
- January 15, 2015: New Year’s Greetings from Your TESOL Board
- December 15, 2014: What Is Intercultural Communicative Competence?
- November 2, 2014: An Update on Two Important TESOL Initiatives: the New Strategic Plan and the Governance Structure Review
- October 15, 2014: 8 Major Trends in the Global ELT Field
- September 15, 2014: A New Way of Looking at Teacher Evaluation
- August 15, 2014: Living VenTESOL’s Spirit!
- July 15, 2014: TESOL Advocates Are on Capitol Hill
- July 7, 2014: TESOL Association: Update on Governance Review
- June 15, 2014: Questioning Techniques to Engage Students in Critical Thinking