Today was head-spinning in terms of the number and the variety of sessions offered on the banks of the Mississippi. Let’s see. The first was a very practical lesson on vocabulary development with strategies that I can use immediately. Another session introduced us to a popular writing center at a bilingual university. Finally, my day ended with a thought-provoking review of the disproportionality of ELL students referred to special education in the Southwest. I hope there will be a more research to come regarding cultural influences in perspective as it relates to considering ELL students for special services. I’m grateful to know that I’ll return to my own school with more questions than answers.
- How does the brain learn best? Smart studying strategies 25 August 2014
- Easy vocabulary for English learners 25 August 2014
- A picture of language: The fading art of diagramming sentences 25 August 2014
- Back-to-school stress: How to recognize it and help kids manage it 25 August 2014
- Common Core is becoming even more unpopular 25 August 2014
TESOL president, speaks about TESOL.