Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- There is no 'big quit' in K-12 education. But schools have specific labor challenges that need targeted solutions 24 January 2022
- Teachers Helping Teachers: Core Connections Webinar Series 24 January 2022
- Making the most of your return to school 24 January 2022
- Effective Principals Lead with Purpose 24 January 2022
- How to establish rapport with online students 24 January 2022
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Judie Haynes
Name: Judie Haynes
Bio: Judie Haynes taught elementary ESL for 28 years and is the author and coauthor of eight books for teachers of ELs , the most recent being “Teaching to Strengths: Supporting Students Living with Trauma, Violence and Chronic Stress“ with Debbie Zacarian and Lourdes Alvarez-Ortiz. She was a columnist for the TESOL publication "Essential Teacher" and is also cofounder and comoderator of the Twitter Chat for teachers of English learners #ELLCHAT.
Judie Haynes's Posts
- January 14, 2022: 4 Reasons to Celebrate “Random Acts of Kindness Day”
- December 11, 2021: 8 Reasons Teachers Are Burned Out (And 4 Ways to Help)
- November 12, 2021: 4 Critical Strategies for Teaching Multilingual Learners
- October 14, 2021: 6 Strategies to Balance the Use of L1 and English in the ESL Classroom
- September 9, 2021: 4 More Ways to Support the Families of Multilingual Learners When School Opens
- August 12, 2021: 5 Ways to Support the Families of Multilingual Learners When School Opens
- July 9, 2021: Countering Anti-Black Racism in Ourselves and in Our Classrooms
- June 10, 2021: Let’s Celebrate the Resilience of ELs During the Pandemic!