Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Invest in programs that boost children's learning and development 11 October 2021
- Creating a culture of learning 11 October 2021
- Teachers Helping Teachers: Core Connections Webinar Series 11 October 2021
- The emergence of relationship gaps during COVID and how to close them for stronger school communities 11 October 2021
- Preparing teachers to work with English learners: A multimodal vocabulary mini-lesson project 11 October 2021
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Judie Haynes
Name: Judie Haynes
Bio: Judie Haynes taught elementary ESL for 28 years and is the author and coauthor of eight books for teachers of ELs , the most recent being “Teaching to Strengths: Supporting Students Living with Trauma, Violence and Chronic Stress“ with Debbie Zacarian and Lourdes Alvarez-Ortiz. She was a columnist for the TESOL publication "Essential Teacher" and is also cofounder and comoderator of the Twitter Chat for teachers of English learners #ELLCHAT.
Judie Haynes's Posts
- October 14, 2021: What Language Should Multilingual Learners Speak in the ESL Classroom? 6 Strategies
- September 9, 2021: 4 More Ways to Support the Families of Multilingual Learners When School Opens
- August 12, 2021: 5 Ways to Support the Families of Multilingual Learners When School Opens
- July 9, 2021: Countering Anti-Black Racism in Ourselves and in Our Classrooms
- June 10, 2021: Let’s Celebrate the Resilience of ELs During the Pandemic!
- May 13, 2021: One-Pagers: Teaching ELs to Review Content
- April 8, 2021: 4 Ways to Celebrate Bilingual/Multilingual Learner Advocacy Month: Start With Names
- March 12, 2021: Assessment Equity for ELs: Put Students Before Data