Subscribe to TESOL Blog
- Empowering our kids to motivate themselves 26 July 2021
- Early reading tests can aid educational recovery after the pandemic 26 July 2021
- Last Chance to Register for TESOL ELevate! 26 July 2021
- Three tips for spending COVID-19 funds in evidence-based ways 26 July 2021
- Teachers Helping Teachers: Core Connections Webinar Series 26 July 2021
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Author Archives: Judie Haynes
Name: Judie Haynes
Bio: Judie Haynes taught elementary ESL for 28 years and is the author and coauthor of eight books for teachers of ELs , the most recent being “Teaching to Strengths: Supporting Students Living with Trauma, Violence and Chronic Stress“ with Debbie Zacarian and Lourdes Alvarez-Ortiz. She was a columnist for the TESOL publication "Essential Teacher" and is also cofounder and comoderator of the Twitter Chat for teachers of English learners #ELLCHAT.
Judie Haynes's Posts
- July 9, 2021: Countering Anti-Black Racism in Ourselves and in Our Classrooms
- June 10, 2021: Let’s Celebrate the Resilience of ELs During the Pandemic!
- May 13, 2021: One-Pagers: Teaching ELs to Review Content
- April 8, 2021: 4 Ways to Celebrate Bilingual/Multilingual Learner Advocacy Month: Start With Names
- March 12, 2021: Assessment Equity for ELs: Put Students Before Data
- February 11, 2021: 6 Scaffolds for ELs in a Virtual Classroom
- January 19, 2021: EL Teacher Self-Care: Setting Boundaries Between Work and Home
- December 10, 2020: Providing Inclusive Holiday Activities to ELs