Subscribe to TESOL Blog
TESOL English Language Bulletin
- English literacy for multilingual learners: Voices from the field 30 May 2023
- Using station rotation in PD for supporting English language learners 30 May 2023
- Submit a Proposal to Present at the TESOL 2024 International Convention! 30 May 2023
- 5 Collaborative Teaching Practices for Teacher Learning 30 May 2023
- Call for TESOL Press Contributors! 30 May 2023
Note: The views expressed by TESOL bloggers do not necessarily represent the views of TESOL International Association.
Tag Archives: English learner exit criteria
Determining Proficiency and Monitoring ELs: What’s the Procedure?
Typically, this is the time of year when K–12 schools and districts would be receiving student performance data from their annual English language proficiency assessment, though this depends on when the assessment is administered. When the data are returned, schools … Continue reading
Posted in TESOL Blog Tagged as advocacy, civil rights, English learner exit criteria, English learner proficiency criteria 1 Comment
Are Your ELs Ready to Exit ESL?
How do you know if your English learners (ELs) are ready to exit their ESL program? Under Title VI of the Civil Rights Act of 1964 and the Equal Educational Opportunities Act of 1974, public schools must ensure that English … Continue reading